Coaching is a professional relationship between two individuals (the coach and the client) that assists the client in achieving personal and/or professional goals in an accelerated manner. The coach supports the client in manifesting his/her highest potential and in attaining agreed upon goals.
Coaching typically takes place on a one-to-one basis, and while most coaching occurs face-to-face, coaching can also be successfully accomplished through telephone and e-mail contact. Successful coaching can happen in just one session. Coaching can be short-term, where the coach helps a client create a vision, achieve a specific goal, or complete a particular project; or it can be long-term, where the client wants coaching for a number of projects and goals over a longer period of time.
Coaching is not therapy. Whereas therapy brings understanding and awareness of the past to a client, coaching provides the support and strategies to make changes based on the awareness a client holds. Coaching is movement oriented and action based.
Business coaching is the practice of providing positive support and feedback while offering occasional advice to an individual or group in order to help them recognize ways in which they can improve the effectiveness of their business. Coaching helps improve leadership, employee accountability, teamwork, sales, communication, goal setting, strategic planning, and more. It can be provided in a number of ways, including one-on-one, group coaching sessions and large scale seminars.
We often help businesses grow by creating and following a structured, strategic plan to achieve agreed upon goals. We help train the key leaders of the company in coaching practices.
We help by looking together at the questions of where are you now in relation to where you want to be? What are your goals? Are they based on your values? In order to achieve your goals, what are the areas of strength that you can leverage, and what are the areas that need improvement and focus?
We have had great success with leaders who have become great coaches as a result of their own coaching.
6-step take home coaching model:
1. What is the problem/issue you want to change? Why is this a challenge/problem?
2. What is working well around this issue? Core competence must be leveraged!
3. What is the worst-case scenario/your worst nightmare regarding this problem? What is the probability of that to happen: low-medium-high?
4. What is the best-case scenario? Visualize your best-case scenario in X time from now. Write down all the details.
5. Identify the obstacles to each element of your best-case scenarios.
6. Brainstorm ways to overcome obstacles you can control. Create a CLEAR ACTION PLAN. Determine accountability with your Buddy/coach and set a time.